Cordless battery tips
Simple Guidelines for Charging Lithium-based Batteries
- A portable device should be turned off while charging. This allows the battery to reach the threshold voltage unhindered and reflects the correct saturation current responsible to terminate the charge.
A parasitic load confuses the charger.
- Charge at a moderate temperature. Do not charge below freezing.
- Lithium-ion does not need to be fully charged; a partial charge is better.
- Chargers use different methods for “ready” indication. The light signal may not
always indicate a full charge.
- Discontinue using charger and/or battery if the battery gets excessively warm.
- Before prolonged storage, apply some charge to bring the pack to about half charge.
- Over-discharged batteries can be “boosted” to life again. Discard pack if the voltage
does not rise to a normal level within a minute while on boost.